To help extend dental care to the neediest in our state, Delta Dental is proud to announce that we have signed on as the premier funding partner for the first-ever Mission of Mercy free dental clinic in Rhode Island. The Mission of Mercy is the signature event sponsored by the Rhode Island Oral Health Foundation, which provides funding and resources to improve oral health and access to dental services in the state.
Who should come to RIMOM?
You can be a RIMOM patient if you cannot afford to pay for dental care, or a regular dentist. Adults and children
are welcome. Children under 18 years old MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Personal identification/documentation NOT required.
What to expect:
- No appointments
- Patients are seen on a first come, first served basis
- There will be a waiting line to enter the clinic. Once inside, you will meet with a medical professional and a dentist for an initial evaluation of your dental needs.
- The dental services provided at RIMOM include cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, X-rays, oral health instructions, fillings, root canal treatments, partial dentures/denture repair, and tooth extractions.
- Interpreters will be available to assist non-English speaking patients.
What to bring:
- Please bring a list of all your current medications. On the day of the clinic, please be sure to take your medications according to your prescriptions.
- Due to possible extended wait times, it is advisable to bring something to help you pass the time such as reading material, knitting, or crossword puzzles.
- It is important to bring water, food and snacks with you!
When is the RIMOM?
RIMOM will take place Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 and Sunday, June 3rd, 2012. Doors open at 6 a.m. Patients seen on first-come, first-served basis, so please arrive early.
Where is the RIMOM?
Community College of Rhode Island, Flanagan Campus
1762 Louisquisset Pike
Lincoln, RI 02865
(RIPTA bus service available from Kennedy Plaza in Providence)
Click here for directions.